食品伙伴网服务号
 
 
当前位置: 首页 » 专业英语 » 资源技巧 » 正文

不容错过的,关于眼睛“eye”的趣味俚语表达(上)

放大字体  缩小字体 发布日期:2020-04-10  来源:沪江英语  作者:foodtrans
核心提示:1. Apple of my eye1.掌上明珠Something that you value very highly:你非常看重的东西:My daughter is the apple of my eye.我

1. Apple of my eye

1.掌上明珠

 

Something that you value very highly:

你非常看重的东西:

 

My daughter is the apple of my eye.

我女儿是我的掌上明珠。

 

2. In my mind’s eye

2.在我的脑海中

 

Something that you imagine:

你能想象到的事物

 

In my mind’s eye, working online is like sipping cold drinks on a warm beach.

在我看来,在网上工作就像在温暖的海滩上喝冷饮。

 

3. The eyes are the window to the soul

3.眼睛是灵魂之窗

 

A saying that means you should be able to understand someone just by looking at them in the eye:

这句话的意思是,你应该能够通过直视别人的眼睛来理解他们:

 

I just need to see his eyes to know whether he is lying because the eyes are the window to the soul.

我只需要看看他的眼睛就知道他是否在说谎,因为眼睛是通往灵魂的窗口。

 

4. Bird’s eye view

4.鸟瞰图

 

To see something from up high, either figuratively or literally:

从高处看东西,无论是象征性的还是字面的:

 

From the bird’s eye view, this city just looks like a bunch of blocks with ants walking around.

从鸟瞰图上看,这座城市就像一排街区,而蚂蚁在周围走动。

 

It looks like the new policies will decrease our compensation, but from the bird’s eye view it actually will have a positive effect in the long term.

看起来新的政策会减少我们的补偿,但从长远来看,它实际上会产生积极的影响。

 

5. Feast One’s Eyes on Something

5.一饱眼福

To look at something very beautiful, wonderful, or something that you covet or admire a lot:

看一些非常漂亮、美妙的东西,或者你非常渴望或钦佩的东西:

 

I feasted my eyes on buffet laid out before me!

我尽情享用摆在面前的自助餐!

6. Cry One’s Eyes Out

6.伤心欲绝

 

To cry so much that you cannot cry anymore:

哭得太多以至于你不能再哭了:

 

When he heard his parents were in a serious car crash, he cried his eyes out before going to sleep.

当他在一场严重的车祸中听到父母在其中时,他在入睡前伤心欲绝。

 

7. Get a black eye

7.被打的眼睛发青

 

A black eye refers to what the bruising around your eye looks like if someone injures your eye:

黑眼是指如果有人伤害了你的眼睛,你眼睛周围的瘀伤看起来是什么样子的:

 

The playground fight resulted in three students who got a black eye.

操场上的打斗导致三个学生的鼻青眼肿。

(来源:沪江英语)

更多翻译详细信息请点击:http://www.trans1.cn
编辑:foodtrans01

 
[ 网刊订阅 ]  [ 专业英语搜索 ]  [ ]  [ 告诉好友 ]  [ 打印本文 ]  [ 关闭窗口 ] [ 返回顶部 ]
分享:

 

 
推荐图文
推荐专业英语
点击排行
 
 
Processed in 0.020 second(s), 14 queries, Memory 0.91 M